Designers in any field know just how much their disciplines overlap, but few projects make such a distinction as obvious as the Bachag Chair does.
Joongho Choi chose to unite a seating object with a backpack to produce a bag-chair hybrid. This merging together of two different items led to the unusual name of this concept. It seems that the wooden backrest could actually hinge forward to produce a place for arms and shoulders to carry the piece like a knapsack.
The creator sculpted smooth and tight curves out of the lumber and metal materials so that the perch embraces the sitter in the way that his own clothing does. To enhance the already delightful design of the Bachag Chair, it has been conceived in a range of playful colors as well.
The Bachag Chair Unites Furniture and Fashion
1. Convertible Furniture - The Bachag Chair demonstrates the trend of combining different objects to create versatile furniture pieces.
2. Fashion-infused Design - The design of the Bachag Chair showcases the trend of incorporating fashion elements into functional objects.
3. Multi-functional Products - The knapsack seating concept exemplified by the Bachag Chair represents the trend of creating products that serve multiple purposes.
1. Furniture Design - The furniture design industry can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by creating more convertible pieces that combine different functionalities.
2. Fashion Accessories - The fashion accessories industry can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by incorporating functional elements into their design, as seen in the Bachag Chair.
3. Outdoor Gear - The outdoor gear industry can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by integrating seating options into wearable packs, inspired by the knapsack seating concept of the Bachag Chair.