The GRASP Lab at the University of Pennsylvania has developed autonomous quadrotors; what seem to be replicas of the airborne Decepticons from the most recent Transformers movie. These little flying machines can fly in packs with seamless coordination and will have anyone watching their progression feel excited for technology, but a little worried for humanity.
The autonomous quadrotors are designed for aggressive formation flight. This means that they can fly through obstacles by changing their formations if need be and in circumstances where a jet is to malfunction, it will safely remove itself from the formation. They have gotten significant trajectory movement that gives them the ability to space out evenly for various patterns -- even flying in figure eights.
These flying creations from the GRASP Lab can be implemented in a variety of scenarios.
Autonomous Nano Quadrotors are the Most Futuristic Invention Yet
1. Autonomous Quadrotors - The development of autonomous quadrotors presents many opportunities for disruptive innovation in industries such as package delivery, search and rescue, and military operations.
2. Aggressive Formation Flight - The ability of quadrotors to fly in aggressive formation presents disruptive innovation opportunities in industries such as agriculture for crop dusting, construction for aerial surveying, and entertainment for aerial shows.
3. Trajectory Movement - The trajectory movement of quadrotors opens up opportunities for disruptive innovation in industries such as scientific research, environmental monitoring, and transportation for traffic surveillance.
1. Military Operations - Autonomous quadrotors can improve military operations by providing reconnaissance, surveillance, and even attack capabilities in dangerous environments.
2. Entertainment - Quadrotors can create memorable and unique aerial shows, as seen in events like the Super Bowl halftime show.
3. Package Delivery - Autonomous quadrotors can revolutionize the package delivery industry by delivering small packages quickly and efficiently.