Sony and Yamaha are collaborating in order to produce autonomous carts, that are intended for use in theme parks. The autonomous cart is titled the SC-1 Sociable Cart, and it was originally created as a concept vehicle to the needs of commercial venues.
Sony and Yamaha's autonomous carts are designed to fit up to five passengers. The design also features replaceable batteries and additional sensors to orient the cart. The carts are scheduled to be released in Japan before April 2020.
Passengers inside the SC-1 Sociable Cart will be able to get a mixed reality view of their environment, through a 49-inch 4K display. Passengers will also be exposed to adds on four different screens inside the cart. The ads will also use demographic information to target individual passengers.
Sony and Yamaha Will Produce Autonomous Carts for Commercial Use
1. Autonomous Theme Park Vehicles - Collaborating to create autonomous carts for commercial use presents an opportunity to innovate in the theme park transportation industry.
2. Mixed Reality Advertising - Using mixed reality technology to showcase targeted ads on a vehicle's display presents an opportunity to disrupt the advertising industry.
3. Replaceable Battery Technologies - Incorporating replaceable battery technologies in autonomous carts presents an opportunity for innovation in the battery and energy storage industry.
1. Amusement Parks - Autonomous carts designed for use in amusement parks present an opportunity to innovate in the transportation sector of the amusement park industry.
2. Advertising - Creating targeted ads through mixed reality technology on a vehicle's display presents an opportunity for innovation in the advertising industry.
3. Battery and Energy Storage - Incorporating replaceable battery technologies in autonomous carts presents an opportunity for innovation in the battery and energy storage industry.