Instead of withdrawing money from your bank account, 'The ATM of Happiness' or 'El Cajero de la Felicidad' gives you money for free. Set up in Spain, the ATM of Happiness gave out €100 indiscriminately for free. The only catch was that people who withdrew from the generous machine had to promise to share their new found wealth with others. The machine gave ideas of what to do with the money before dispensing the cash.
The ATM of Happiness was created to further drive home Coca-Cola's 'Share Happiness' campaign. Many recipients of the cash went on to do something nice with it. Using their happiness subsidy, people bought basketballs for kids, gave out free tickets and handed out presents. All of this was captured on film to emphasize that Coke equates to joy.
The ATM of Happiness Gives Out Free Money and Encourages Sharing
1. Free Money Trend - ATMs dispensing free money can disrupt traditional banking and incentivize customer loyalty.
2. Social Responsibility Trend - Encouraging ATM users to share their wealth can create a culture of social responsibility and community building.
3. Branded Experience Trend - Companies can create memorable experiences and customer loyalty by tying their marketing campaigns to innovative and interactive ATM experiences.
1. Banking Industry - The banking industry can benefit from incorporating unconventional and socially responsible methods to attract and retain customers.
2. Marketing Industry - The marketing industry can benefit from incorporating interactive and innovative technologies to create memorable brand experiences for customers.
3. Retail Industry - Retailers can benefit from partnering with ATM providers to offer incentives for customers to shop at their stores and withdraw money from specific ATMs.