Antonina Vasylchenko dons athletic fashion staples in 'Back to Black', a sportswear editorial that celebrates fashion's recent focus on comfort and wearability. Captured by photographer Christopher Ferguson, the series highlights fashions from Adidas, Hugo Boss and Dolce & Gabbana among other names.
Mixing together glam and practical pieces, the shoot highlights oversized sweaters, netted baseball tees and fashionable running shoes. These pieces mark a marriage of aesthetics and comfort and are paired with pieces that are more traditional and refined in their look.
With popular aesthetics like Normcore and Health Goth in the style spotlight, the athletic fashion movement doesn't look to be slowing down and is inspiring many to blend classically elegant pieces with a more sporty foundation. Styling for 'Back to Black' is courtesy of Ye Young Kim while hair and makeup are handled by Thomas Dunkin and Sam Addington.
Glamour UK's Back to Black Story Boasts Athletic Fashions
1. Athletic Fashion Movement - The increasing popularity of athletic fashion presents opportunities for businesses to create stylish and comfortable sportswear.
2. Blending Glam and Sporty - The trend of combining glamorous and practical pieces opens doors for fashion brands to create unique and versatile looks.
3. Aesthetics and Comfort - The focus on aesthetics and comfort in fashion creates opportunities for brands to merge elegance with sporty elements.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can capitalize on the athletic fashion movement by creating innovative designs that merge style and comfort.
2. Sportswear - The sportswear industry has the opportunity to innovate by creating fashionable, functional and comfortable athletic apparel.
3. Beauty - The beauty industry can explore new opportunities by creating makeup and hairstyles that complement the blend of glamour and athleticism in fashion.