In this beautiful bridal editorial for Harper's Bazaar China, model Athena Wilson walks a dog, rides the bus and gleefully wears a pair of flat-soled sandals on her way to make her vows.
'I Do!' by Benjamin Kanarek is not a conventional bridal editorial. As is to be expected, Athena Wilson wears several gorgeous flowing white gowns throughout. The dresses are each original and fascinating in their own right, but not so unusual as to make the editorial revolutionary. The really interesting aspect of the styling is the pair of sandals that is a constant throughout each photograph: bright white, thick-soled, comfortable-looking and adorned with a cheeky bow. They seem totally out of place in a bridal editorial and yet completely work with each of the looks.
Complementing the various casual poses in which we find long-limbed star Athena Wilson, the unconventional footwear sends a clear message. This is a woman taking her time on the way to her wedding, entering into a life-long union without giving up an ounce of her independence.
Athena Wilson Walks Her Dog in a Wedding Gown in This Nonchalant Shoot
1. Casual Bridal Fashion - There is an opportunity for designers to create unconventional bridal looks that embrace comfort and non-traditional styles.
2. Nonchalant Bridal Photoshoots - Photographers can explore unique and relaxed bridal photoshoot concepts that break away from traditional poses and settings.
3. Embracing Individuality in Weddings - There is a growing trend of brides expressing their independence and personality through their wedding choices, providing opportunities for personalized and unique wedding experiences.
1. Fashion - Fashion designers can tap into the market of casual bridal fashion by creating comfortable and unconventional wedding attire.
2. Photography - Photographers can cater to the demand for nonchalant bridal photoshoots by offering unique concepts and capturing relaxed and authentic moments.
3. Wedding Planning - With the rise of individuality in weddings, wedding planners have the opportunity to create personalized and unique wedding experiences that reflect the couple's personalities.