People have been putting interesting spins on the classic grilled cheese sandwich for some time, from adding rainbow dye to getting extra cheese in by replacing the bread with fried macaroni and cheese patties -- and now the asparagus grilled cheese exists. This somewhat simpler approach to a suped-up sandwich is a clever way to get an extra serving of greens into your diet while also incorporating seasonal produce.
Created by blogger Jessica Merchant of How Sweet It Is, the asparagus grilled cheese recipe is more gourmet than it looks, as it is made with brown butter and dijon mustard. You will also need to add a garlic clove, use havarti cheese and sprinkle some parmesan on top to get the full effect.
This Asparagus Grilled Cheese Sandwich Has Brown Butter and Dijon
1. Gourmet Grilled Cheese - Opportunity for innovative variations of classic grilled cheese sandwiches using gourmet ingredients.
2. Seasonal Produce Incorporation - Opportunity to create recipes and products that incorporate seasonal produce into popular dishes.
3. Healthy Fast Food Alternatives - Opportunity to develop healthier versions of fast food classics like grilled cheese sandwiches.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can explore new gourmet grilled cheese variations and incorporate seasonal produce into their offerings.
2. Restaurant and Catering - Restaurants and catering services can leverage the popularity of gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches and offer them as a seasonal menu item.
3. Healthy Food Products - Opportunity for healthy food product manufacturers to create alternative versions of fast food classics like grilled cheese sandwiches using gourmet ingredients and seasonal produce.