Commissioned by the International Organization for Animal Protection in Italy, this canine version of Leonardo Da Vinci's masterpiece â€œThe Last Supperâ€ was designed to highlight the tragic and too-frequent abandonment of dogs by their owners.
In English, the printed message on the ad reads â€œOne of you will betray me, 150,000 times a year.â€
The ad is the work of creative director Fabio Anzani, copywriter Massimo Mariottini and illustrator Stefano Delli Veneri.
Implications - I'm extremely impressed with the fidelity of the piece as it perfectly emulates the iconic Leonardo Da Vinci painting. You know, aside from the fact that Jesus and all of his disciples are now canines.
The Abandoned Dogs Last Supper
1. Animal Welfare Artistry - The use of art to raise awareness and funds for animal welfare is an emerging trend, creating opportunities for artists and animal advocacy groups alike.
2. Emotional Advertising Messaging - Emotionally charged advertising messaging is becoming more prevalent, providing disruptive opportunities for designers and copywriters to engage consumers and foster social good.
3. Social Media Campaigns for Social Causes - The use of social media campaigns to raise awareness and support for social causes is a growing trend, presenting an opportunity for organizations to reach global audiences and drive real social change.
1. Art Industry - Artists and creative professionals can leverage their skills and mediums to support social causes and create impactful works of art that raise awareness and drive social change.
2. Advertising Industry - Advertising agencies can better engage consumers and foster social good by incorporating emotional and socially conscious messaging into their campaigns.
3. Animal Welfare Organizations - Organizations focused on animal welfare can utilize art and advertising to raise awareness, build support, and drive real change for animals in need.