'Making of Architecture,' an Antwerp architecture office, recently design what will come to be the crowning feature of a future art village in Tunisia. 'ARENA,' as the structure is called, offers a space where local artists will be able to meet, show off their work, and engage with the community as a whole.
ARENA is embedded into the side of a hill, and that topography is essential in its shape. The exterior of the amphitheater is covered in a flowing wooden latticework that was directly inspired by the mathematical concept of the Mobius strip. Not only is that curving shape aesthetically interesting, but it also provides the ideal angle for visitors to sit at the bleachers and watch performances.
The future art village that ARENA has begun will include other buildings, as well as space within ARENA itself for things like meetings, workshops, and market stands.
ARENA is a New Structure at the Heart of a Future Art Village
1. Art Village Development - Opportunity for architects and developers to create innovative structures and spaces that promote artists' engagement and community interaction.
2. Incorporating Nature-inspired Designs - Potential for designers to utilize natural elements and mathematical concepts to create visually striking and functional architectural features.
3. Multipurpose Art Spaces - Growing demand for flexible art spaces that can accommodate various activities such as meetings, workshops, exhibitions, and market stands.
1. Architecture and Construction - Disruptive innovation opportunities in designing unique structures for art villages and incorporating nature-inspired features.
2. Art and Culture - Opportunity to create vibrant art communities and engage local artists through the development of art villages and multipurpose art spaces.
3. Event Management and Tourism - Potential for event managers and tourism companies to promote art villages as unique destinations and organize cultural events in multipurpose art spaces.