‘Art Shanty Projects’ is an organization inspired by Minnesota ice fishing and ice fishing houses. The exhibits it sponsors are part art gallery, part residency and part social experiment.
The group is gearing up for their next annual winter show. Proposals for the 2010 exhibition are accepted through October 5th with the finalists to be announced on October 19th. Past entries have included shanties with names like Art Post, ArtCar Taxi, Blackbox Theater, Snapshot and Dicehouses. Each is an artistically themed structure. Many of the shanty-maker artists actually inhabit the little structures and engage in a great deal of winter silliness infusing the chilly settlement with warming mirth during the show.
Is this a project born from cold Minnesota winter boredom? You betcha!
Shanty Town Exhibition Warms up for 2010
1. Art Shanty Projects - Opportunity to explore the intersection of art, community, and innovation through ice fishing-inspired exhibits.
2. Social Experiment Exhibitions - Utilizing unique structures to create immersive art experiences, encouraging audience participation and interaction.
3. Winter Silly Entertainment - Creating a platform for artists to engage in playful and whimsical activities in a cold environment.
1. Art Galleries - Incorporating interactive and immersive exhibits to enhance visitor experience and diversify art consumption.
2. Architecture and Design - Exploring unconventional building materials and methods to create functional yet artistic structures.
3. Event Planning and Entertainment - Organizing unique and unconventional events that engage participants and create memorable experiences.