Putting art on the fridge usually involves magnets, but not if you're Charlie Layton, a graphic design artist based in Philadelphia. Layton noticed that the white surface of the fridge was near identical to a dry erase board and began drawing art on the fridge and freezer doors. Considering that his place is a rental, this is a brilliant way to ensure that there's always some fresh and inspiring art at home.
As a canvas, the fridge-like gallery space is host to fun drawings that mimic X-ray machines and make it look like there are menacing creatures are crawling in or out of it.
After putting a couple of the wild drawings up on Facebook, they were a hit and now, he routinely shares them as part of a weekly ritual named 'Freezer Fridays.'
Charlie Layton Draws Phenomenal Art on the Fridge
1. Interactive Appliance Art - The rise of dynamic fridge doodles represents an opportunity for appliance makers to incorporate interactive surfaces into their designs.
2. Rental-friendly Decor - Dynamic fridge doodles exemplify a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to create rental-friendly decorative solutions.
3. Social Media Art Sharing - The popularity of freezer Fridays indicates a trend for sharing art on social media platforms.
1. Home Appliances - Home appliance manufacturers have an opportunity to incorporate interactive surfaces into their products.
2. Home Decor - Companies in the home decor industry could create rental-friendly decorative solutions like dynamic fridge doodles.
3. Social Media Platforms - Social media platforms can capitalize on the trend of sharing unique and creative artwork to increase engagement and user-generated content.