It has been thought that married couples just don't get busy in the bedroom and that the single life is the way to go. However, recent trends state differently.
From the Globe and Mail.com:
According to findings from dozens of countries that belie the urgent message of supermarket self-help magazines, married people are actually having the most sex.
Researchers in Britain who tabulated the reports of people in 59 countries found that those who were married were getting consistently more action than their single peers. In every country included in an article published yesterday in The Lancet medical journal, wedded people were more likely to report sex in the previous month, with the ratio between the groups in some countries as high as 9 to 1.
1. Married Sex Dominance - Married couples are having more sex than their single counterparts according to a study conducted across 59 countries.
2. Rejected Stereotypes - Recent findings have rejected the idea that single people have more sex than married couples.
3. Global Consistency - The study found that regardless of geographical location, married couples were more sexually active than singles.
1. Pharmaceuticals - The study may create opportunities for pharmaceutical companies to focus on creating products that enhance sexual performance and desire in married individuals.
2. Technology - Smart sex toys and apps may see a surge in demand as married couples look to enhance their sexual experiences.
3. Consumer Goods - Married couples may have more disposable income, making them potential consumers for luxury sex-related products and services.