In an effort to commemorate its country's progress in a specific sector of the fruit industry, KAMEI DESIGN, a Japanese company, created an unusual apple-inspired stool.
In order to do this, designer Takaaki Kamei considered the ladders that those picking the fruit would use, as well as the product they gathered. The latter element is depicted on the seat of the apple-inspired stool, where a cluster of flattened spheres make it look similar to a bundle of the fruit. KAMEI DESIGN was aided on this front by the Kimura Woodcraft Factory.
As a means to pay tribute to Japan's history in the industry more closely, the stool makes use of "Hiba Cypress trees found in Aomori -- a prefecture located in the northern parts of Japan."
Photo Credits: designboom, kameidesign.jp
KAMEI DESIGN Created an Apple-Inspired Stool with Kimura Woodcraft
1. Fruit-inspired Furniture - Designing furniture inspired by fruits opens up opportunities to create playful and unique products that appeal to customers seeking unusual designs.
2. Cultural Homage Decor - Creating decor or furniture that pays tribute to a country's history or popular products creates emotional connections with customers that can translate to increased brand loyalty.
3. Collaborative Designing - Collaborating with other manufacturers or companies can enrich product design and result in unique creations that stand out in the market.
1. Furniture - Incorporating playful and cultural elements into furniture design can bring new and out-of-the-box products to the home decor market.
2. Woodworking - Collaborating with other woodworking manufacturers or companies can provide opportunities to create unique and innovative wood products that attract consumers.
3. Fruit Production - Innovative designs inspired by fruits can showcase and celebrate regional fruits, leading to increased awareness and demand for locally-sourced produce.