The Apple SharePlay feature has been announced by the tech brand as part of iOS 15 that will enable users to watch content together when connecting with one another over a FaceTime video call. The feature will work for TV shows, social media videos, music and more when the users after connected on a FaceTime call, and will sync the content for all participants. This will let users see each others reactions and allow for real-time discussion of what's going on when they can't be together in person.
The Apple SharePlay feature comes as one of a growing number of co-watching services that are being launched by brands in a bid to help consumers stay connected with one another from afar.
Image Credit: Apple
Apple SharePlay Lets Users Enjoy Content Together Over FaceTime
1. Co-watching Services - The rise of co-watching features in technology presents opportunities for brands to create more interactive digital experiences for consumers.
2. Real-time Social Connection - The integration of real-time discussion features allows for a more immersive and social experience when engaging with digital media.
3. Multiplayer Media Consumption - Shared media experiences enable brands to create new business models around group entertainment, such as hosting virtual events or offering exclusive content for group consumption.
1. Streaming Services - Streaming services can leverage co-watching features to differentiate their offerings and increase customer loyalty by promoting shared viewing experiences.
2. Telecommunications - Technology companies offering virtual communication platforms stand to benefit from integrating co-watching services to increase engagement and expand their offerings.
3. Entertainment - Entertainment industry players can create new revenue streams with co-watching features by expanding their offerings to include virtual viewing parties and curated group content experiences.