As you might expect from its simple name, 'Selfies' is a dedicated Android app for selfies with one large feed showing all of the photos taken with the app. The Selfies app is a project by Automattic, the same company responsible for Gravatar and Wordpress. Since you're able to upload photos, add captions and react to content by other users with your own images, the app is like a cross that's somewhere between Instagram and Snapchat. The app is extremely new and was developed over the course of a few weeks, so for now, the only way to browse content is a through the one large feed, although there are plans for better filtration soon.
If you're someone who would consider themselves a little selfie-obsessed, this is one community that would benefit from having you constantly post content—plus, it's totally free to download.
'Selfie' is an App for Selfies Where You Can Connect with Other Photo Lovers
1. Dedicated Selfie Apps - The rise of dedicated selfie apps creates opportunities for innovative social media platforms to emerge.
2. Selfie Communities - Selfie apps that facilitate community building among avid selfie-takers create opportunities for brand promotions and user-generated content campaigns.
3. Photo-centric Social Networks - Selfie apps that offer a cross between Instagram and Snapchat present opportunities for the emergence of photo-centric social networks that cater to niche audiences.
1. Social Media - Social media companies can leverage dedicated selfie apps to tap into younger demographics and expand their user base.
2. Mobile App Development - Mobile app developers can capitalize on the growing trend of dedicated selfie apps by innovating new features and functionalities that cater to niche audiences.
3. Digital Marketing - The rise of selfie communities offers digital marketers opportunities to tap into user-generated content campaigns that rely on image-sharing for product promotions and brand advocacy.