For the fools in love, there are loving Valentine’s Day Cards, but for the bitter singles, anti-Valentine’s Day cards provide much-welcomed relief from this romanticized holiday. During this season of love, public displays of affection and overly sentimental gestures can be sickening to some individuals who just can’t stand the overwhelming waves of mushiness.
That’s why these anti-Valentine’s Day cards are right on cue. They rain upon the lavish and loud parades of love-struck songbirds publicly proclaiming their love for one another. For those who reject this overly commercialized holiday, they can pick up a greeting card that reads “I want to grow old and disgusting with you.” How romantic!
Courtney Scharf is the Web Marketing Coordinator at TrendHunter.com. She is not the biggest fan of Valentine’s Day and thinks Cupid is overrated. Check out her top five picks for anti-Valentine’s Day cards.
Courtney Scharf Reveals Her Favorite Holiday-Hating Greeting Card
1. Anti-valentine's Day - Opportunity to cater to the growing market of individuals who reject the commercialized nature of Valentine's Day and want cards that express their disdain for the holiday.
2. Non-traditional Greeting Cards - Chance to offer greeting cards that deviate from the typical sentimental and romantic themes, appealing to those who prefer a more irreverent and cynical approach.
3. Humor and Sarcasm - Demand for cards that use humor and sarcasm to provide a satirical perspective on love and relationships, targeting individuals who enjoy subverting traditional sentiments of Valentine's Day.
1. Greeting Card Industry - Opportunity to expand the range of options in the greeting card industry by introducing anti-Valentine's Day cards that cater to the growing market of individuals who reject the traditional sentiments of the holiday.
2. E-commerce - With the rise of online shopping, there is potential for e-commerce platforms to offer a wide selection of non-traditional greeting cards, including anti-Valentine's Day cards, to cater to niche markets.
3. Humor and Satire - Opportunity for humor and satire industries to collaborate with greeting card companies to create anti-Valentine's Day cards that use humor as a form of self-expression for individuals who reject the romanticized nature of the holiday.