While Facebook lets you connect with your friends anywhere, Slight offers an anonymous chat room for people who want to talk to strangers in their area. In addition to being able to swap secrets and share thoughts with anyone in a 40 meter radius, you can also use the app to snoop on your neighbors.
Developed by Jon Nash and Michael Petruzzo, Slight app is an anonymous chat tool that opens up an opportunity for people to get the affirmation they crave regardless of who they are. The app uses location to connect people, making messages viewable only within a limited area. This is ideal for people who want to share their thoughts online, but are afraid of how they may be perceived. This could have both positive and negative effects.
Slight App is an Anonymous Chat Room Connecting People Nearby
1. Location-based Chatting - The trend of anonymous and localized communication apps can be further disrupted by incorporating more privacy settings and features.
2. Community Building - Location-based apps like Slight can be an opportunity for businesses to create local communities and engage in hyper-local marketing strategies.
3. Location-based Advertising - As location-based apps become more popular, businesses can develop innovative advertising opportunities that cater to hyper-localized audiences.
1. Social Networking - Slight is disrupting the traditional social networking industry by offering an anonymous chat room for localized communication.
2. Marketing and Advertising - The rise of location-based communication apps presents a new avenue for marketing and advertising campaigns that cater to hyper-localized audiences.
3. Retail - Businesses can leverage location-based apps to create local communities around their retail stores and engage with customers in hyper-localized ways.