Usually we think of a snowman as round, jolly, and delightful, like Frosty the Snowman, not an evil, violent, and blood-thirsty one like the badass snowman starring in this animated short-clip, ‘Snowblood’ from Youtube.
‘Snowblood’ uses the same type of jittery-style animation seen in ‘Animatrix’. Though the video is only a little over four minutes long, an incredibly violent story unfolds.
The lessons in ‘Snowblood’ appear to be "don’t pee on snowmen, there are plenty of other spots to empty the bladder and, don’t run into one while out enjoying winter activities. Doing either one may be detrimental to your health."
'Snowblood' Short Clip
1. Jittery-style Animation - The trend of using jittery-style animation seen in 'Snowblood' presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in animated films and video production.
2. Violent Short Clips - The trend of creating violent short clips like 'Snowblood' opens up disruptive innovation opportunities in the realm of viral marketing and edgy storytelling.
3. Unconventional Snowman Depictions - The trend of portraying snowmen as evil and blood-thirsty, as seen in 'Snowblood', creates opportunities for disruptive innovation in holiday and winter-themed entertainment.
1. Animated Films - The disruptive innovation opportunity in the trend of jittery-style animation can be leveraged by the animated film industry to create unique visual experiences.
2. Video Production - The trend of using jittery-style animation seen in 'Snowblood' presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for video production companies to offer distinctive and captivating visual styles.
3. Viral Marketing - The trend of creating violent short clips like 'Snowblood' presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies in the viral marketing industry to leverage shock value to capture attention and engagement.