The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, which hosts the Daytime Emmy Awards, has announced that a new category of awards will be made available to recognize original content made for computers, cell phones and other handheld devices like the iPod video. This spells out a big opportunity for all those foreword-thinking artists who find themselves producing content on the cutting edge.
Implications - Now more than ever, consumers are drastically favoring technologies that are cutting-edge and compatible with mainstream devices. Amongst a sea of similar products, you can ensure your product or service stands out by allowing it to be technologically compatible with the most popular devices of the moment.
And The Emmy for Best Actor on an iPod Goes To...
1. Cutting-edge Technologies - Developing innovative technologies that are compatible with mainstream devices can help products or services stand out in a crowded market.
2. Mobile Content Creation - Artists and content creators have an opportunity to produce original content specifically tailored for computers, cell phones, and handheld devices.
3. Recognition for Digital Content - The introduction of awards categories for original content made for digital platforms provides recognition and validation for creators on the cutting edge.
1. Technology - Companies in the technology sector can explore opportunities to develop and market cutting-edge devices and software that support digital content creation and consumption.
2. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can leverage the growing demand for digital content by creating and promoting original content tailored for handheld devices and streaming platforms.
3. Digital Marketing - Digital marketing agencies can help businesses optimize their content strategies to cater to the increasing popularity of digital platforms and devices.