This isn’t the first time Jacky O’Shaughnessy has been an American Apparel Model. The 62-year-old model from New York started modeling for the clothing brand in 2011 when she was scouted at a New York restaurant.
Jacky told Fashionista.com, “You know, I’ve read so many times that modeling is vapid at best. I found it to be engaging and creative. It requires energy and an ability to communicate without words.”
The retailer believes that you can be beautiful at any age, that “sexy has no expiry date.” Her previous ad campaigns with the brand has her covered in sportswear separates. This time around the American Apparel model strips down to nothing but a bandeau bra and high-waisted panties.
This Elderly American Apparel Model is Stunning at 62
1. Ageless Advertising - Opportunity for brands to showcase diversity and challenge traditional beauty standards by featuring models of all ages in their ad campaigns.
2. Body Positivity - Opportunity for brands to promote self-acceptance and redefine beauty standards by showcasing models with diverse body types in their advertisements.
3. Inclusive Fashion - Opportunity for fashion brands to cater to a wider range of consumers by offering clothing options that are suitable for all ages and body types.
1. Fashion Retail - Fashion retailers can capitalize on the trend of ageless advertising by featuring models of various ages in their campaigns and promoting inclusive fashion.
2. Cosmetics - Cosmetic brands can tap into the trend of body positivity by promoting inclusive beauty standards and developing products that cater to a diverse range of consumers.
3. Media and Advertising - Media and advertising agencies can drive the trend of ageless advertising by advocating for more representation and diversity in marketing campaigns.