Amazon has released the latest addition to its Echo lineup with the Amazon Echo Show.
The new device is essentially a smart speaker with a touchscreen capable of receiving and transmitting video calls. In addition, the Amazon Echo Show also has smart home controls and a "Drop In" feature designed to check up on elderly relatives.
The screen of the Amazon Echo Show is seven inches wide and the device features a five-megapixel front facing camera. Additionally, it is equipped with two, two-inch speakers. Though the device does not currently have Skype capabilities, if the user has downloaded the 'Alexa' app, they are able to place and receive voice and video calls. The Amazon Echo Show will be available for purchase on June 28 for $230.
The Amazon Echo Show is a Smart Speaker With Video Calling Features
1. Touchscreen Smart Speakers - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative ways to integrate touchscreens into smart speaker devices to enhance user experiences.
2. Video Calling Smart Home Devices - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore ways to incorporate video calling capabilities into smart home devices for improved communication and connectivity.
3. Elderly Care Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create specialized technology that helps monitor and support the well-being of elderly individuals, such as the 'Drop In' feature mentioned in the Amazon Echo Show.
1. Smart Home - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop smart home devices with touchscreen interfaces and video calling features to expand the capabilities and functionalities of traditional smart home systems.
2. Telecommunication - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate video calling capabilities into telecommunication devices and services to provide seamless communication experiences for users.
3. Elderly Care - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design technology solutions targeted specifically for elderly care, incorporating features like video calling and remote monitoring for enhanced support and communication.