Amazon Dating is a humorous and provoking parody by concept artists Ani Acopian, Suzy Shinn, Morgan Gruer, and animator Thinko.
The website embraces the layout of the popular e-commerce platform, but instead of products—it features people of different ages, ethnicities, and prices. It is designed to allow you to meet someone at the 'Prime' of your life, whether you are 19, 87 and beyond.
When you click on a person on the Amazon Dating platform, their page opens up and you can look at the clever descriptions—from Brad, 57 who has "recently filed to divorce Karen [also on the platform] and doesn't understand why his son can't afford to buy a house yet" to Rizky, 26 who "replies with only 'lmao' [and] doesn't know who Van Halen is."
In addition, Amazon Dating also shows various customer reviews for each individual which are just as cheeky, if not more, than the description.
Amazon Dating Boasts a Variety of Singles, Varying in Price and Age
1. Parody Dating Platforms - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the potential of creating parody dating platforms that offer unique and humorous ways to connect people.
2. Concept-driven E-commerce - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate concept-driven elements into e-commerce platforms to enhance user engagement and create memorable experiences.
3. Humor-driven Customer Reviews - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate creative and humorous customer reviews as a way to entertain and engage users in different industries.
1. Online Dating - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop online dating platforms that provide a playful and entertaining twist to traditional matchmaking methods.
2. E-commerce - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Reinvent e-commerce platforms by incorporating novel concepts and design elements to attract and captivate customers.
3. Consumer Reviews - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Transform the landscape of consumer reviews by encouraging humor and creativity as a means of engaging consumers and promoting products.