Hated your book? How much of your life did you waste? You should get even with that author by hopping onto the latest bandwagon: Amazon's new post-it tags. Essentially, Amazon is letting registered customers put tags on product, which are essentially words that are meant to let the items sell. For example, "a great gift for your little sister". However, shoppers are rebelling adding tags such as: 'boring', 'Yawn', 'evil', and 'scumware'. What about 'Barf'. Has anyone used the word 'Barf'?
1. Crowdsourced Review Tagging - Opportunities to develop platforms for users to tag products with reviews in their own words beyond traditional star ratings.
2. Social Feedback Loops - Opportunities to create social platforms where users can comment and react to each other's reviews, creating a community recommended system beyond the product page.
3. Sentiment Analysis - Opportunities to develop AI and machine learning systems to read user reviews for sentiment and opinions beyond what a star rating indicates, constructing more detailed pictures of customer preferences.
1. E-commerce - Opportunities for online retailers to develop more robust review systems that provide more detailed feedback from users.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Opportunities to develop new strategies and technologies for customer engagement that incorporate crowdsourced feedback into marketing copy in real time.
3. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning - Opportunities to use machine learning algorithms and natural language processing to analyze and categorize large amounts of user-generated data for better insights into customer sentiment and desires.