Amaze is a new technology platform created to help residents find small- to medium-sized businesses in their area. These businesses include local restaurants, bars, fitness studios, salons, and grocery stores. The aim of the platform is to foster a sense of community and empower individuals to uplift the economic and social well-being of their neighborhoods.
“Small businesses are the engine of the economy and they’re facing enormous challenges,” said Stephen George, a founding team member of Groupon and CEO of Amazing Brands. “There is a devastating immediacy we all feel as we watch the small businesses in our communities lay off workers and close their doors for good. We need to once again safely connect local businesses to local consumers and turn local spending into a source of pride for residents. Without local community support, mainstreet will die and that means that the majority of Americans that are employed by small businesses will suffer."
Currently, Amaze is only active in Los Angeles, but the platform announced plans to expand to San Diego, Portland, San Francisco, and Austin.
Image Credit: Shutterstock
The Amaze App Helps Locals Discover New Businesses in Their Area
1. Community-support Apps - The rise of technology platforms like Amaze providing assistance to people in supporting local businesses will foster a sense of community empowerment and support.
2. Hyperlocal Advertising - Amaze's platform provides an avenue for small-to-medium-sized businesses to target hyperlocal customers, which is highly valuable in today's economy.
3. Social Well-being Support - The trend towards technology platforms that support social well-being, like Amaze, have the potential to inspire increased community engagement through the support of local businesses.
1. Technology - The rise of community-support apps presents an opportunity for technology companies to invest in social well-being and support small businesses, through innovative solutions.
2. Advertising and Marketing - The hyperlocal advertising strategies employed by platforms like Amaze represent an opportunity for marketing and advertising companies to explore and develop new advertising strategies.
3. Local Business and Retail - There is an opportunity for small-to-medium-sized businesses to take advantage of platforms like Amaze to promote their business to local customers, thereby increasing sales, survival rates, and inculcating a sense of community engagement.