The Alienware Steam Machine will have gamers dismissing next-gen consoles in no time. It is one in a line of pre-built PCs, which can be freely modified and upgraded by users as well as installed on personal computers at no extra cost. Of course, with 14 vendors cranking out their own Steam Machine, using a range of different design specifications outlined by Valve Corporation, it won't come cheap.
Designed by Dell, the Alienware Steam Machine is sleek and unobtrusive, the latter of which is impressive considering its high-powered cooling system. According to Uncrate, it "will be powered by an Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU, and will (of course) run SteamOS, giving you access to tons of games running natively, and thousands more available via in-home streaming." More details at the end of 2014.
The Alienware Steam Machine Announced Ahead of CES 2014
1. Steam Machine Gaming Consoles - The rise of customizable and upgradeable gaming consoles allows for more innovation and disruption in the gaming industry.
2. In-home Game Streaming - The ability for gamers to access thousands of games from their personal computers and stream them to their gaming consoles creates opportunities for disruptive innovation and market growth.
3. Gaming Console Design - As multiple vendors compete to create the best Steam Machine design, there is potential for disruptive innovation in the gaming console design industry.
1. Gaming - The rise of customizable and upgradeable gaming consoles allows the gaming industry to expand its offerings and appeal to a wider audience.
2. Computer Hardware - As more gaming consoles switch to PC-based hardware, there is potential for disruptive innovation in the computer hardware industry.
3. Streaming Services - In-home game streaming creates opportunities for disruptive innovation in the streaming services industry and potential collaborations with gaming companies.