A simple solution to rising global temperature could be floating in your neighbourhood already -- the slimy green gunk coating ponds may help contribute to a greener environment.
"Like a breath mint for a smokestack, algae can harness carbon dioxide from pools of water before the pollutants of power plants and factories are coughed into the atmosphere," TreeHugger reported. "And algae are doubly useful for greening our planet: the slimy green stuff that we scrape off our fish tanks is a hot candidate for a new biofuel."
A Slimy Solution To Global Warming
1. Algae Biofuel Production - Opportunity for companies to develop and scale up production of algae-based biofuels, creating a new market for sustainable energy sources.
2. Carbon Capture Technology - Innovative solutions around carbon capture technology and implementation will become more necessary as industries look for sustainable options to reduce carbon emissions.
3. Wastewater Treatment Innovation - Use of algae as an eco-friendly solution in wastewater treatment processes presents a promising area for innovation.
1. Energy - The energy industry has an opportunity to develop a new market around the production and distribution of algae-based biofuels.
2. Manufacturing - Manufacturing industries can explore opportunities to implement more sustainable processes through the use of algae as a means of carbon capture.
3. Waste Management and Treatment - The use of algae in wastewater treatment presents an innovative solution for the waste management industry, allowing for more eco-friendly and sustainable practices.