The Albert Kuip Chair by APE is made with a unique coffee color and texture. APE created the chair for Dutch furniture brand Zuiver as an updated version of the original Albert Kuip model. The upgraded version is made from used coffee grounds in an attempt to mitigate coffee waste.
Dubbed the Albert Kuip Coffee Chair, the piece contains 42.5 percent coffee waste. The other 57.5 percent of the chair is made from polypropylene. Zuiver explains that "coffee turns out to be a great and sustainable component for firm seats." The new launch is the brand's most sustainable chair thus far. Moreover, it uses rejected wood from the production process for its sturdy wooden legs.
Image Credit: APE / Zuiver