Heron Preston creates a collaborative design along with Cactus Plant Flea Market, designing a hybrid iteration of the Air Max 95 and the Air Max 720 -- it boasts an air-wrapped Air Max design. The sneakers are set to be completely customizable as a part of the Nike x Heron Preston 'HERON PRESTON BY YOU' series.
Preston states, "I’m excited to see what kids create, to see their process, them sharing that process, just as much as them sharing the final product [...] that’s what is really exciting for youth right now, that they can manipulate reality and create things that weren’t originally supposed to be.” The hybrid design showcases the Air Max 95 across the uppers decorated with a range of miniature Swooshes, sitting atop an Air Max 720 sole unit.
Heron Preston Launches a Hybrid Air-Wrapped Air Max 95 and 720
1. Customizable Sneakers - The ability to create personalized designs for footwear is disrupting the traditional sneaker industry and creating opportunities for customization services and technology.
2. Hybrid Sneaker Designs - Designers creating hybrid sneaker designs by merging features from different shoe models are tapping into the growing trend for unique sneakers that stand out.
3. Air Max Innovation - Innovations in the design of Nike's Air Max technology, such as the air-wrapped Air Max seen in this hybrid design, are expanding the range of possibilities for comfortable and stylish footwear.
1. Athletic Footwear - The customizable and hybrid designs featured in the Nike x Heron Preston collaboration are redefining the athletic footwear industry by giving consumers greater say in the look and feel of their shoes.
2. Fashion Retail - Fashion retailers that incorporate customizability and hybrid designs into their sneaker collections can increase engagement among their customer base and increase sales through exclusivity and uniqueness.
3. Technology - Technological innovations that enable consumers to create personalized designs for footwear are disrupting the traditional shoe industry, allowing room for app development, 3D printing, and other advancements.