Common practice for most after getting off a long flight involves the trek down to the baggage claim area and the inevitable wait for your bag (with its handle broken off). This means there are often 100+ pairs of eyeballs staring at an empty belt for half an hour.
The clever ad firm representing Bojangles restaurants decided to leverage this opportunity. They designed the baggage doorway to look like an oven, and applied printed images of food to the belt. Check out the photo to see the clever result.
Airport Baggage Carousel as Marketing Medium for Bojangles
1. Airport Advertising - Opportunities exist for businesses to utilize airports and their infrastructure as advertising mediums.
2. Contextual Advertising - Contextual advertising, especially in highly trafficked areas, creates memorable experiences and increases brand recognition.
3. Innovative Marketing Techniques - Innovative marketing techniques that take advantage of unexpected opportunities and locations can create unique experiences for customers and increase brand value.
1. Advertising - Opportunities for advertising firms to leverage mediums in unexpected locations for their clients.
2. Restaurant and Food Service - Restaurants and food service companies can create unique promotional experiences for their brands using creative marketing techniques.
3. Travel and Tourism - Travel and tourism industries can work with advertising firms to create memorable experiences for flyers through inventive marketing techniques.