Fresh produce is being delivered to people's doorstep, it was only a matter of time that raw meats were; enter AgLocal. AgLocal is a San Francisco-based company was founded by Naithan Jones that was founded in 2011 to promote ethical meat sourcing. His services has since expanded to include a special subscription delivery box filled with pasture raised meats from family farms.
AgLocal allows members to browse through these specially-sourced meats in two different price tiers measured by pound. Once their choices have been made, the meats are packaged in nicely designed boxes that are themed either Family Style (cuts for the home kitchen), Grill Master (for BBQ’ing), Fit and Lean (lean and grass fed cuts) and Farmer’s Pick (offals and unusual cuts). They also include recipes and further information about the meat.
AgLocal Delivers Pasture-Raised Meats from Family Farms to Homes
1. Ethical Meat Sourcing - Opportunity for companies to disrupt the meat industry by offering subscription boxes filled with ethically-sourced meats from family farms.
2. Direct-to-consumer Meat Delivery - Companies can disrupt the traditional meat supply chain by delivering pasture-raised meats directly to consumers' homes through subscription boxes.
3. Customizable Meat Selection - Innovative companies can capitalize on the trend of customization by offering subscription boxes that allow customers to choose their preferred cuts and types of meats.
1. Food Delivery - The food delivery industry has the opportunity to embrace the trend of meat subscription boxes and partner with ethical meat sourcing companies for direct-to-consumer delivery options.
2. Online Groceries - Online grocery platforms can leverage the trend of meat subscription boxes by incorporating them into their product offerings, offering customers a convenient way to purchase ethically-sourced meats.
3. Sustainable Agriculture - The sustainable agriculture industry can benefit from the demand for pasture-raised meats by partnering with companies offering subscription boxes to promote their products and create a more sustainable food system.