Instead of sitting around idly, El Tiempo decided to make an age simulation suit in response to a statement from the World Health Organization, noting that Columbia "is the sixth country affected by the lack of physical activity." The suit is made to simulate what it's like having the body of a senior who wasn't physically active on a regular basis, which makes movements even more challenging. In an attempt to appeal to youth to show the importance of staying physically fit, a small relay-like course was set up inside of a mall, which included daily activities like getting up out of bed, or pushing a grocery cart.
First, the able-bodied adults were asked to play the 'Game of Time' without the suit, which took about 16 seconds. However, a second time around with the suit on caused lots of struggles and took nearly a minute, which could be an accurate reflection of their future if they choose not to keep themselves in good shape.
El Tiempo's Age Simulation Suit Shows the Difficulty of Daily Tasks
1. Age Simulation Suits - The development and use of age simulation suits to demonstrate the challenges faced by the elderly.
2. Physical Activity Awareness - Increasing awareness of the importance of physical activity, especially among younger generations.
3. Health Technology - The integration of technology in promoting and improving physical well-being, especially in the context of aging populations.
1. Health and Wellness - Creating products and services that support physical fitness and healthy aging.
2. Fitness and Exercise - Developing innovative solutions and programs to encourage physical activity and fitness, especially among older adults.
3. Assistive Technology - Designing and manufacturing technology-based aids to assist the elderly in their daily activities and improve quality of life.