Conventional umbrellas offer protection from the rain but maintain a somewhat cumbersome design that requires a free hand to be used, which is something the 'After You' umbrella aims to change. Designed by Anna Cserba, the umbrella maintains a wearable aesthetic that can be easily positioned onto the arms when inclement weather is in the forecast. The unit can then be shifted upwards when rain starts to fall to offer protection from wetness; the umbrella can also function as a shopping bag when not being worn to easily carry goods between locations.
The 'After You' umbrella has an exoskeleton-like design that will no doubt add an efficient and futuristic touch to any outfit when going about ones routine in the city.
The 'After You' Umbrella by Anna Cserba Has an Artistic Design
1. Wearable Umbrellas - The 'After You' Umbrella demonstrates the potential for wearable technology beyond clothing to improve convenience in everyday life.
2. Exoskeleton Design - The exoskeleton-like design of the 'After You' Umbrella suggests new directions for innovative design in product categories beyond personal mobility.
3. Multi-purpose Accessories - The 'After You' Umbrella's ability to function as both an umbrella and a shopping bag highlights the potential for multi-purpose accessories to streamline daily tasks.
1. Fashion - The wearable design of the 'After You' Umbrella has implications for the fashion industry as wearables become more mainstream.
2. Outdoor Equipment - The 'After You' Umbrella is an example of technology applied to outdoor equipment, which could offer new opportunities for innovation in this field.
3. Retail and E-commerce - The integration of a shopping bag feature into the 'After You' Umbrella has interesting implications for retail and e-commerce strategies focused on convenience and multi-functionality.