Afia is a stylish, award-winning women's fashion line sourced and sewn in Ghana, West Africa founded by designer Meghan Sebold. Founded in 2011, the socially savvy brand has already been a recipient of the Innovation USA Award from the Ethical Fashion Forum.
"Not another silk-screened organic t-shirt" according to its site, the sustainable fashion line and social business aims to incorporate the traditional vibrant textiles of West Africa with styles inspired by North American cities. All of the textiles are handpicked by Sebold in the capital city of Accra, while the brand also works with numerous sewing cooperatives throughout the West African nation that provide the artisans a fair wage.
Afia on Facebook
Afia on Twitter
Afia on Tumblr
Afia on Pinterest
Afia is a Chic Women's Clothing Line Sourced and Sewn in Ghana
1. Ethical Fashion - Afia is one of the ethically sourced and sewn women's clothing lines in Ghana, West Africa with opportunities for innovation in ethical fashion clothing production and marketing.
2. Sustainable Textiles - Afia aims to incorporate the traditional vibrant textiles of West Africa with styles inspired by North American cities, making sustainability a trend worth exploring particularly in the fashion industry.
3. Social Businesses - Afia's innovative business model is a blend of sustainability, ethical fashion, and social entrepreneurship, providing an opportunity for innovative business ideas.
1. Fashion - Afia is in the fashion industry and helps to create and innovate stylish and sustainable clothing designs from African textiles.
2. Textile Production - Considering Afia's use of traditional Ghanaian textiles and an ethical business model, this brand provides innovative possibilities for textile production.
3. Social Entrepreneurship - Afia's business model can be used as inspiration for other social entrepreneurs who want to prioritize purpose and profit in their work.