The Adult by Ceremony music video is a retro mash-up of vindicated anarchy and rebellion. The video follows a housewife through her morning duties. As she kisses her son and husband goodbye, a devious grin comes over her face. The protagonist shifts from redundant cliche to a slightly villainous character. The camera follows her as she ventures into a hole in her backyard, escaping the poisonous smoke that soon enraptures the neighborhood. The video is reminiscent of Sylvia Plath’s ‘The Bell Jar,’ in which the main character is constantly attempting to escape reality and the mundane duties of retro womanhood.
The California-based punk band just recently released the album Zoo. ‘Adult’ is the second single off the album, exhibiting the gumption and quick tread of the band. The video was directed by Adrien Colon of BRV BLK BRD Pictures.
The Adult by Ceremony Music Video is Reminiscent of Sylvia Plath
1. Retro Mash-up - Opportunities for creating visually engaging and nostalgic content by blending styles of the past with modern themes.
2. Femme Fatale - Opportunities for exploring the complex and nuanced portrayal of women in media, shifting from stereotypical roles to empowered and villainous characters.
3. Underground Music - Opportunities for leveraging alternative music and niche communities to promote unique and non-traditional creative expressions.
1. Music and Entertainment - Opportunities for independent and alternative bands to experiment with creative visuals and storytelling to showcase their music.
2. Film and Television - Opportunities to diversify and break stereotypes in character representation in media through the inclusion of new perspectives and non-traditional roles.
3. Digital and Social Media - Opportunities for utilizing social media and video-sharing platforms to promote and showcase innovative and non-traditional media content.