Apple has previewed a series of accessibility features on Accessibility Awareness Day which will arrive later this year for users to start accessing on their compatible devices.
The features include Door Detection for users with low-vision or blindness that enables them to find a door at a new location using their iPhone or iPad with LiDAR. Apple Watch users will be able to use device mirroring on their iPhone, while Voice Control and Switch Control will now be available.
The new Apple accessibility features also includes Live Captions for the iPhone, Mac and iPad for users to enjoy alongside any audio content. VoiceOver will also add in support for an additional 20 locales and languages to further extend the number of users it will work for.
Apple Announced Accessibility Features for Accessibility Awareness Day
1. Accessibility-enhancing Technology - The growing demand for accessible technology creates opportunities for companies to develop innovative accessibility features for people with disabilities.
2. Virtual Assistance - Developing virtual assistants with advanced features such as voice control and switch control could provide a better user experience for people with disabilities.
3. Smart Wearables for Accessibility - Incorporating LiDAR technology in smart wearables like Apple Watch can be an innovative way of assisting people with low-vision or blindness.
1. Technology - Tech companies can partner with disability organizations to create accessible technology that is user-friendly and meets the needs of people with disabilities.
2. Healthcare - Integrating accessibility features in healthcare technology can improve patient experience and accessibility for people with disabilities.
3. Entertainment - Developing accessibility features in entertainment platforms can help make content more accessible and enjoyable for people with disabilities.