The Abisko Seating Collection, designed by Claesson Koivisto Rune for True Design, takes inspiration from a national park near Lapporten, Sweden. The four-piece collection consists of an armchair, a sofa, a bench, and a daybed that are all distinguished by their distinctive plump, comfortable esthetic. The Abisko Seating Collection's design references the gently sloping topography of Lapporten.
The furniture is made up of a solid wooden frame, tubular steel legs, high resistance foam, and rich, textured upholstery. The Abisko Seating Collection comes in neutral tones including slate grey and warm red-brown that pay homage to its natural inspiration. The daybed has an optional side table addon that makes it more functional in working environments. The Abisko Seating Collection works well in corporate workplaces as well as more intimate environments.
Image Credit: Dezeen
The Abisko Seating Collection is Inspired by a National Park
1. Comfortable Seating - Opportunities for designing furniture that prioritizes comfort and relaxation in workplaces and home settings.
2. Nature-inspired Design - Opportunities for incorporating natural elements and aesthetics into product design to create unique and inviting pieces.
3. Modular Furniture - Opportunities for creating furniture collections that can easily adapt to different settings and purposes, such as with the optional side table on the daybed in the Abisko Seating Collection.
1. Furniture Design - Innovative design opportunities for creating furniture that is both comfortable and visually appealing, such as with the Abisko Seating Collection.
2. Workplace Wellness - Opportunities to incorporate comfortable and ergonomic furniture into workplace environments to improve employee wellbeing and productivity.
3. Interior Design - Opportunities for design professionals to include nature-inspired pieces like the Abisko Seating Collection into home and office interiors to promote a sense of calm and relaxation.