Abandoned Spaces by Ivan Prieto, an artist based in Spain, is an ongoing project that sees his rather grotesque sculptures placed in desolate settings. Creating a surreal visual, this act bolsters a narrative around his pieces while creating a haunting presence that would send chills down anyone's spine.
From obese bodies with child-like heads to elongated women walking huge dogs and skull-less men sitting on concrete ledges, Abandoned Spaces by Ivan Priet appears to be an installation fit for Halloween. As Beautiful Decay points out, his sculptures are largely figurative, which point to ideas of excess and deficiency: "Prieto’s talent for sculpting fascinating figurative shapes and contortions and then contextualizing them within spaces indicates an awareness of an overall composition of his creations, something not all sculptors think about when featuring their work."
Abandoned Spaces by Ivan Prieto Focuses on Excess and Deficiency
1. Grotesque Sculptures - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the art industry by exploring unconventional and disturbing artistic expressions.
2. Surreal Installations - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the installation industry by creating immersive and unsettling experiences in unconventional spaces.
3. Figurative Excess and Deficiency - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the sculpture industry by exploring the juxtaposition of exaggerated forms and symbolic meanings.
1. Art - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the art industry by pushing the boundaries of traditional artistic conventions and exploring unconventional aesthetics.
2. Installation - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the installation industry by creating immersive and emotionally provocative experiences in abandoned or unutilized spaces.
3. Sculpture - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the sculpture industry by experimenting with unconventional materials and forms to challenge traditional notions of beauty and aesthetics.