‘It's a Matter of Glam’ in Vogue Italia celebrates the season’s fashion excesses. The sophisticated editorial was shot by acclaimed fashion photographer Craig McDean for the magazine’s October 2009 issue.
Fashion editor Edward Enninful decks out Russian supermodel Sasha Pivovarova in attitude-enhancing designs by Givenchy, Lanvin, Prada, Blummarine, and Jil Sander--not to mention a full workout for the bejeweled Fall/Winter 2009 Miu Miu collection. The editorial concentrates on two of fall fashion’s most important and glamorous themes: fur and gems.
'It's a Matter of Glam' in Vogue Italia for October 2009
1. Sparkling Fur Trends - Opportunities for innovative design and production methods for fur accessories that incorporate sparkling gems or other unconventional materials.
2. Excessive Glam Trends - Trends towards opulent, over-the-top fashion designs and luxury materials for high-end consumers.
3. Statement Accessory Trends - Focus on statement accessories, particularly those that add glamour and luxury to an outfit, such as fur coats and embellished jewelry.
1. Fashion Industry - The luxury fashion industry can capitalize on the trend towards excessive glam and statement accessories, using unconventional materials and design to create innovative pieces.
2. Jewelry Industry - Opportunities for the jewelry industry to create unique, high-end pieces that incorporate unconventional materials, such as gems in fur accessories.
3. Fur Industry - Incorporating sparkling gems or other unconventional materials into fur accessories can help the fur industry appeal to a younger, more fashion-forward consumer demographic.