As more customers seek plant-based food options, GTA-based shoppers can now conveniently purchase vegan pizza at 7-Eleven Canada stores across Toronto and Mississauga, Ontario. The locations will now carry Beyond Sausage & Roasted Veggie Pizza that will be available to purchase as a heated to-go option or as a frozen "take and bake" option.
The partnership marks a significant moment for the vegan brand Beyond Meat. While it has become popular in grocery stores and quick-serve restaurants across the globe, this will be the brand's "first entry into the convenience-store industry." The success of this launch will speak to consumers' desires for accessible and convenient vegan options and the increasing demographic of flexitarian consumers who are interested in consuming plant-based foods occasionally.
7-Eleven Canada Launched Beyond Meat Pizzas in the GTA
1. Convenient Plant-based Options - Convenience stores are beginning to offer more plant-based options, catering to the growing demand for convenient vegan food.
2. Expansion of Vegan Brands - Vegan brands are seeking opportunities to enter new industries, like convenience stores, to reach a wider consumer base.
3. Flexitarian Consumer Market - The rise of flexitarian consumers presents an opportunity for businesses to provide occasional plant-based options to cater to this growing demographic.
1. Convenience Store Industry - Convenience stores have the potential to disrupt the food industry by offering more diverse plant-based options to cater to changing consumer preferences.
2. Vegan Food Industry - Vegan food brands can tap into the convenience store industry to expand their reach and introduce their products to a new segment of consumers.
3. Fast Food Industry - Quick-serve restaurants can learn from convenience stores and explore partnerships with vegan brands to offer more accessible vegan options to their customers.