Plenty of metropolises have grown organically with narrow streets and would benefit from the 45Bici Bike Rack concept. Cities can only encourage the practice of an eco-friendly commute, but many cannot support the volume of two-wheelers that must be locked up outside.
Andre Moreira Dias proposes a system that keeps bicycles within 60 centimeters of building so that as little footpath area is consumed as possible. This is achieved by the development of crooked parking projections made of bent tubular metal.
The designer also experimented with sharper angles for even narrower alleys and the only change would be the degree of the bend. Each is intended to be mounted against the wall in a line, adjacent to other 45Bici Bike Racks with the same inclination.
The 45Bici Bike Rack Conserves Space on Crowded City Sidewalks
1. Compact Bicycle Storage - The trend of compact bicycle storage solutions opens up opportunities for innovative bike rack designs.
2. Space-optimizing Infrastructure - The trend of space-optimizing infrastructure spurs the need for creative solutions like the 45Bici Bike Rack to maximize limited sidewalk space.
3. Efficient Urban Commuting - The trend of promoting efficient urban commuting calls for innovative bike parking systems that encourage more people to cycle in cities.
1. Urban Planning - The urban planning industry can leverage the trend of compact bicycle storage to create more sustainable and user-friendly cities.
2. Bicycle Infrastructure - The bicycle infrastructure industry can embrace the trend of space-optimizing infrastructure by developing innovative bike rack designs like the 45Bici Bike Rack.
3. Green Transportation - The green transportation industry can capitalize on the trend of promoting efficient urban commuting by offering solutions that facilitate and encourage cycling in cities.