Just imagine if you'd suffered a terrible accident that caused major injuries and disfigurement to your face. It's an incredibly awful scenario, and the current technology can only offer so much assistance with some of the physical and psychological damage. This 3D-Printed Nose is a ground-breaking proposition that could get trauma patients feeling comfortable in their own skin again within just 48 hours of medical attention.
Fripp Design & Research has been working with the University of Sheffield to find the most effective way to reproduce facial features like noses, ears and even eyes so that they match the way that the recipient once looked. Skin tone can even be coordinated precisely with the Z Corp Z510 color 3D printer. The 3D-Printed Nose might be available as soon as a year from now, as a cost-effective and immediate solution that greatly rivals the current handmade prosthetic practice.
The 3D-Printed Nose May Be Available for Trauma Patients Within a Year
1. 3d-printed Facial Features - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop advanced 3D-printing technologies to replicate facial features and provide immediate solutions for trauma patients.
2. Personalized Prosthetics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Improve the customization and color-matching capabilities of prosthetic devices to enhance the appearance and comfort for individuals with facial disfigurements.
3. Rapid Medical Printing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Streamline the production process of 3D-printed medical devices to provide cost-effective and timely solutions for trauma patients.
1. Healthcare - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the integration of 3D printing in healthcare to revolutionize reconstructive surgeries and prosthetic devices.
2. Medical Device Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Invest in research and development of advanced 3D printing technologies to create high-quality, customized medical devices.
3. Cosmetic Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with 3D printing companies to develop personalized cosmetic solutions for individuals with facial disfigurements.