1980s Horror Film is the name of a song by Los Angeles-based indie rock band Wallows. The track is part of the group's Spring EP which released end of 2018. The video, which openly capitalizes on dreamy nostalgia and melancholic romance, openly calls attention to the trio's influences. As the video unfolds, inspirations like The Cure's Robert Smith come to the forefront.
The juxtaposition between title and subject matter exhibits a strong juxtaposition. While the cinematic approach to the video for 1980s Horror Film is deeply rooted in retro sensibilities and stylistic cues, the narrative of the video itself has a soft quality that does not allude to frightened psyches. However, the name of the song and the style of its video call attention to the younger generation's fascination with the 80s.
Wallows' '1980s Horror Film' Mixes Romance and Nostalgia
1. Dreamy Nostalgia - Create immersive experiences that evoke feelings of nostalgia and transport audiences to a different era.
2. Influencer Marketing - Partner with influencers and celebrities to promote products or services in a nostalgic 80s-inspired style.
3. Retro Revival - Bring back retro styles and aesthetics in fashion, music, and pop culture to appeal to millennials and Gen Z.
1. Fashion - Create 80s-inspired clothing lines and accessories to cater to the growing demand for retro fashion trends.
2. Music - Produce music that incorporates 80s influences and resonates with nostalgic audiences.
3. Film and Entertainment - Produce movies and TV shows set in the 80s or with a nostalgic 80s vibe to capitalize on the younger generation's fascination with the era.