Folgers is hoping to entice more discerning coffee drinkers with its newest line of coffee called 1850 by Folgers. This new line is set to hit shelves in April of 2018 and shows some drastic improvements in the way Folgers produces coffee. The new 1850 line will be made from 100% arabica coffee beans, steel-cut instead of pulverized and roasted in perforated drum roasters as opposed to solid ones. The packaging has changed too as 1850 by Folgers will be sold in smaller 12-ounce bags as well as single-serve Keurig pods.
1850 by Folgers features a darker and stronger taste which was developed to appeal more to Millennials. When developing this new product line, Folgers doubled the amount of research its team normally does in an attempt to drastically revive sales, especially with younger consumers. The decision behind the 1850 moniker came as the brand delved deeper into its history. The new line of coffee is meant to be a reflection of the company's beginnings as a provision company for gold miners.
Image Credit: Folgers
1850 By Folgers Is a New Blend That Will Entice Millennial Coffee Drinkers
1. Arabica Revolution - The 1850 by Folgers line made from 100% arabica coffee beans opens up opportunities for other coffee brands to revamp their offerings to feature this trend.
2. Boldness Appeal - The launch of the darker and stronger flavor of 1850 by Folgers appeals to Millennials and opens up opportunities for other brands to create a bolder and stronger taste to cater to this demographic.
3. Packaging Reinvention - The smaller 12-ounce bags and single-serve Keurig pods for the 1850 by Folgers line presents an opportunity for brands to reinvent their packaging to appeal to the on-the-go lifestyle of consumers.
1. Coffee - The coffee industry can explore various trends such as using arabica beans, bolder flavors, and reinventing packaging to attract a wider range of coffee drinkers.
2. Retail - The retail industry can take advantage of the trend towards smaller, more convenient packaging by offering similar sizes for other products.
3. Hospitality - The hospitality industry can incorporate the 1850 by Folgers line into their menus to appeal to the growing number of discerning coffee drinkers looking for bolder flavors and unique offerings.