2018 makes the hundredth anniversary of the first women in the UK obtaining the right to vote and Britain's Channel 4 is celebrating with a special segment entitled '100 years and counting.'
The segment stars three 100-year old women who were all born in the year 1918 - the same year that select British women over 30 were allowed to vote. Between each show, Millie, Beattie and Margaret, chat about the upcoming programming and share their experiences as women. In addition to the charming announcers, Channel 4 released a short film entitled 100 years and counting, which celebrates the accomplishments of women by naming some of the things throughout history that women have been told not to do.
Image Credit: Channel 4
100 Years and Counting is Airing on Britain's Channel 4
1. Celebrating Women's Suffrage - Opportunity to create events and programming that commemorate the progress of women's rights and empower women.
2. Honoring Centennial Milestones - Opportunity to develop campaigns and initiatives that celebrate important historical anniversaries and raise awareness.
3. Inspiring Intergenerational Conversations - Opportunity to create content and platforms that facilitate conversations between different age groups, fostering intergenerational understanding and appreciation.
1. Broadcasting & Media - Opportunity for broadcasters to develop programming and content that highlights the achievements and struggles of women throughout history.
2. Event Planning & Management - Opportunity to organize special events and conferences that commemorate the centennial milestones of women's suffrage and empower women.
3. Digital Content Creation - Opportunity to produce engaging and educational digital content related to women's suffrage and the progress of women's rights.