Interactive tables, iPad learning apps and mini laptops. Today we hunt: TODDLER TOUCHSCREENS – Sprint Firsts in hi-tech development tools.
While usually thought of as adult-only technology, touchscreen devices are being marketed towards toddler development. Using touchscreen platforms leveraged by the popular iPad, developers have been producing games that appeal to next gen parents who want to integrate new technology into parenting.
And now, the Sprint Top Ten.
10. The Toy Story 3 Read-Along' iPad app is jam-packed with interactive fun and learning for children. Read along, sing along, color and play games as Buzz Lightyear and the crew adventure all around.
9. SynergyNet is a multi-touch table that could change the face of education as we know it. Imagine walking into a classroom full of these. Suddenly Star Trek doesn’t seem so far-fetched.
8. The ‘Smart Pillow’ isn’t only a learning tool, but its touchscreen is also flexible allowing for it to survive through your toddlers terrible twos.
7. Alice and Wonderland was huge this year, so why not pass on the great Lewis Caroll story to your children in a more interactive and enteraining way?
6. The new game ‘Kinectimals’ for Xbox uses your child’s gestures and vocal cues to train baby tigers and play with them. You have to love a pet where there is no litter box or poop-scooping required!
5. The second generation of the OLPC XO laptop is ultra versatile. You can use it as an e-book, as a gaming surface or even as a kiddie-sized laptop. This tech toy is the size equivalent of a smart car in the computer world.
4. MobiGoTouch Learning System will make sure that your little ones are technologically savvy even if you aren’t.
3. The next generation of bedtime story has arrived with this Little Mermaid iPad app. It’s a great way to tell a classic tale in a modern way.
2. The ‘Crazy Face Pirate’ iPad app is a hi-tech update to playtime. Transform your face into a variety of scurvy-ridden scallywags and set sail into your imagination.
1. Connecting students to one another, technology and learning, the SMART Table enhances classroom experiences. The days of water play stations and sand play stations are long gone.
Video of the day: Sprint
108,116 clicks in 203 w
More Stats +/-
Book Shaped Notebooks
Touchscreens for Tots
Futuristic Classroom Desks
Interactive iPad Storybooks
Sprint Firsts in Hi-Tech Development Tools
By: Jeremy Gutsche - Published: Sep 2, 2010 • References: trendhunter