Silent speed dating, burlesque for boys and racing in puffy suits. Today we hunt Hooking Up 2.0 in San Francisco.
10. San Fran's Second Skin Exhibit is perfect place for aspiring artists to showcase costume creativity. And as a special bonus, it gives you an excuse to wear a bubble wrap suit and pick up chicks.
9. Burlesque isn’t just for divas. Male troupes like ‘Boylesque’ let devos show off their moves and shake it for singles.
8. Although this Imperial Fleet Week invasion didn’t actually happen, imagine all the happy ‘Star Wars’ fans it would put together in one place. Geektastic romance at its finest.
7. Nick Cave’s Soundsuits let people make beautiful music together. It also makes it socially acceptable to flap around like a bird wearing a giant twig-covered costume.
6. Want to share your love of LOLCats and Internet memes? This art show celebrates both, and is a great way to lure fellow geeks out of their homes and into the wild.
5. I don’t know about you, but nothing makes me feel sexier than bicycling in a puffy suit. The Aeolian Ride lets bikers rock ripstop outfits that camouflage your body flaws and showcase your sporty side.
4. Avid performers swear that contact dance is better than sex, although I beg to differ. Since when is rubbing bodies with strangers better than… Wait, never mind.
3. In San Francisco, singles skip the small chat and let their eyes do the talking. These silent speed dating parties prove that nothing’s hotter than staring deeply into a stranger’s eyes and making a weird face.
2. Oh look, a Smart car rally! There's never been a better place for either eco-minded individuals or people who can’t fight the urge to kick over a Smart car.
1. This San Francisco subway stunt is a one-way ticket to a pants-off danceoff. Oh baby…
Video of the Day: Acrobatic Contemporary Dance
No Pants Subway Ride
Burlesque for Boys
Clothing as a Moving Canvas
Eco-Friendly Micro Car Rallies
Silent Speed Dating
From San Francisco's Silent Speed Dating to Burlesque for Boys (THTV)
By: Jeremy Gutsche - Published: Jun 16, 2009 • References: trendhunter