Abram Sauer from BrandChannel.com has written a pretty decent article on how marketers should address the blogging community. He also wrote a good list on what to do if your brand is being slammed.
I've abbreviated excerpts from his list, but the article is worth the read.
1. Do not immediately reply. ...
2. Treat everyone as equal, even if the blogger is wrong....
3. If the post is just plain ridicule for the sake of it or immature joking. ...
4. Many negative comments are just disappointed consumers who had a single underwhelming experience. ...
5. Have a sense of humor. Sarcasm is the currency for much of the blog world ...
6. Cite [a link to evidence]...
7. Lose the marketing-speak. ...
8. Comments are research. ...
9. Do your research and then get the appropriate coworkers on board so they know what's going on and why. ...
Stats for Marketing to Bloggers
Trending: Older & Chilly
Research: 3,641 clicks in 490 w
Interest: 4 minutes
Concept: Marketing To Bloggers
Related: 70 examples / 54 photos
Segment: Neutral, 18-35
Comparison Set: 26 similar articles, including: ventilated performance sandal shoes, puzzle-inspired staircases, and american-made olympic gear.
Marketing to Bloggers
More Stats +/-
Ventilated Performance Sandal Shoes
American-Made Olympic Gear
Electric Race Bikes