When one thinks of Zac Efron there are a few things that instantly come to mind: squealing pre-teens, unrealistic dance and song numbers and his boyish good looks. You would hardly expect that this 22-year-old heartthrob would be capable of making his mark on the world of comedy. Think again.
Like Justin Timberlake, Zac Efron is making it known that he has no problem getting more than just the ladies laughing with his recent appearance on SNL. After thanking his fans for “staying up so late”, he mocked his role in High School Musical and played an under-ager in a hilarious skit opposite Andy Samburg.
Be sure to check out his SNL skits, which are featured on Hulu.com and FunnyOrDie.com, as well as his “Pool Party” episode (featured above). This star studded comedy sketch stars Efron alongside girlfriend, Vanessa Hudgens, Nicole Sullivan, Justin Long, Nicole Ritchie, Joel Madden, Queen Latifah, Brody Jenner, Carmen Electra and Lance Bass.
Zac Efron, I may have underestimated you.
Zac Efron Pulls A Justin Timberlake on SNL
1. Celebrity Comedians - There is a trend of heartthrob actors showcasing their comedic talents and surprising audiences with their funny side.
2. Online Comedy Platforms - The rise of online platforms like Hulu.com and FunnyOrDie.com is enabling actors to reach a wider audience with their comedy skits.
3. Star-studded Comedy Sketches - Collaborations between popular actors, musicians, and comedians in comedy sketches are becoming more prominent, attracting a lot of attention.
1. Entertainment - Opportunities for disruptive innovation in the entertainment industry arise from the demand for new and innovative comedy content, as well as the creation of engaging online platforms to showcase it.
2. Digital Media - The digital media industry has a chance to capitalize on the growing trend of online comedy platforms by developing better streaming technologies, user-friendly interfaces, and innovative marketing strategies.
3. Collaboration Services - The increasing popularity of star-studded comedy sketches opens up opportunities in the collaboration services industry, where innovative platforms and tools can facilitate seamless collaborations between actors, musicians, and comedians.