The Dupont Corian kitchen is designed for designers. The kitchen showcases Dupont's Corian surface material which can be formed into any shape, freeing designers to be more creative. The Corian website explains that Corian, "can be formed into virtually any shape or design a designer can mastermind â€“ whether that's a softly rounded ergonomic desk, an intricately carved decorative pillar, or a 20-foot long reception desk."
Your kitchen just became more boring.
Implications - While many kitchens of the past have traditional cookie-cutter designs, there has been an apparent consumer change towards yearning for more personalized designs. This shift represents the common consumer mentality that the kitchen is the heart of the home. With such, companies who create products that can be used or featured within kitchens will continue to gain popularity.
Kitchen of the Future by DuPont Corian
1. Personalized Kitchens - Consumer demand for more unique and personalized kitchens is on the rise, pushing companies to create more customizable products.
2. Innovative Materials - Innovative materials like Dupont's Corian surface are allowing designers to form products into virtually any shape, offering limitless design possibilities for a variety of industries.
3. Smart Kitchens - As technology continues to advance, smart kitchens that feature connected appliances and automated processes are becoming more common, offering a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies in the home appliance industry.
1. Home Decor and Design - The demand for more personalized and unique kitchens presents an opportunity for companies in the home decor and design industry to create customizable products that meet consumer needs.
2. Construction and Architecture - Innovative materials like Dupont's Corian surface that can be formed into any shape create new design possibilities for architects and builders looking to create unique and eye-catching structures.
3. Home Appliance - The rise of smart kitchens presents an opportunity for companies in the home appliance industry to create connected and automated appliances that can make cooking and preparing food more convenient and efficient for consumers.