YouTube Music Key was recently launched as a new way for people to enjoy ad-free music on the go as part of a paid monthly subscription service. For $7.99 monthly, what you'll get with a subscription to YouTube Music Key is access to Google Play Music, offline videos and the ability to listen to music in the background while other apps are up and running.
With a Music Key membership, you'll see a new tab on the YouTube app and site called 'Music.' Clicking this will show you trending music videos sorted by genre. As well, YouTube has curated several mixes for chilling out or pumping you up. The more you listen, the better the results of the 'My Mix' playlist will be, which tailors music based on your preferences.
Youtube Music Key is a New Paid Music Subscription Service
1. Ad-free Music Subscriptions - Opportunity for music streaming services to offer ad-free listening experiences for a monthly fee.
2. Curated Playlists - The demand for personalized playlists and song recommendations drives innovation in music streaming services.
3. Background Play - Opportunity for music streaming services to allow users to play music in the background while using other apps on their devices.
1. Music Streaming - The launch of YouTube Music Key highlights the continued growth and disruption in the music streaming industry.
2. Mobile Apps - Opportunity for mobile app developers to innovate features that allow background play and offline video viewing.
3. Video Sharing Platforms - Video sharing platforms could expand their offerings to include music videos, curated playlists and subscriptions as an additional revenue stream.